Vision Edina is an exciting, new, broad-based and inclusive community visioning process. The Vision Edina initiative will work with local residents, organizations and businesses to explore:
- What is unique and important about living in Edina?
- Where is there opportunity or need to evolve or change?
- How can we continue to progress to keep the City relevant and attractive to current and future residents and businesses?
- What is our competitive edge?
Vision Edina will serve as an important foundation for other strategic efforts, such as the City's Comprehensive Plan and Capital Improvement Plans. When finished, Vision Edina will replace Edina Vision 20/20, which was developed in 2000 and updated in 2003.
The City has partnered with Future iQ Partners, an international consultancy company, to guide us through the visioning process. Key steps include:
- Phase 1 (August 2014) -- Background research on existing and future trends.
- Phase 2 (September 2014) -- Local 'think-tank' process, exploration of future options.
- Phase 3 (October to November 2014) -- Community workshops on future options.
- Phase 4 (December 2014 to January 2015) -- Analysis of results and defining the emerging shared vision.
Vision Edina is an opportunity for all residents to contrinue to create our shared future vision!